Last revised on 31 March 2015
PURPOSE OF THE PRIVACY STATEMENT
The purpose of this statement is to let you know what information is collected about you when you visit the MOB site, how this information is used, to whom it is disclosed, and your ability to have any incorrect personal information amended.
Our goal is to provide you with a satisfying experience while allowing you to control your privacy and to give you a means to voice any questions or concerns you may have.
This statement has been prepared in accordance with the newly introduced Australian Privacy Principles as at the 12th March 2014.
COMMITMENT TO PRIVACY
MOB is strongly committed to protecting your privacy while interacting with our site. We want to provide a safe and secure environment for both adults and children.
Information is collected from you primarily to make it easier and more rewarding for you to use our services. Depending on the service you are accessing, you could be asked to provide information such as your name, email address or information about what you like and do not like. It is entirely your choice whether to respond to these questions or not.
We will only use any personal information you have chosen to provide us for the purpose for which you provided it. We will not use it for any other purpose without your consent.
As a user of our Website we collect only your supplied details. When you browse our Website as a visitor we don’t collect any of your personal information. We collect your personal information in a way that is lawful, fair and not unreasonably intrusive to your privacy. We treat all information we collect as confidential.
COLLECTION OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
You may provide personal information to us for a variety of reasons including to:
- receive information, invitation and update notifications,
- purchase merchandise products, services and events;
- make a donation; or
- become involved in promotions or other initiatives undertaken by Mothers of Boys.
We may collect personal information from you for such things as:
- providing our merchandise products, services and events;
- issue information, invitation and update notifications;
- billing and verifying your transactions;
- identifying your needs;
- offering promotions;
- improving, maintaining and managing our operations; and
- meeting legal requirements.
This personal information may include, without limitation, details such as:
- phone number;
- email address;
- number of boys;
- apparel sizing;
- health details such as dietary requirements;
- credit card;
- bank account; and
- transaction amounts for purchases or donations.
If you choose to use workplace details as part of your personal information you are responsible for ensuring that such use complies with any rules, policies or protocols which apply to the use of the Internet in your workplace.
We collect information through various channels such as:
- our Website’s online subscription membership registration form;
- our Website’s online shop;
- our Website’s online contact form;
- third party websites, such as event ticketing sites;
- direct email to us;
- phone calls to us; and
- provision of business cards.
We collect information from a third party or publicly available source only if you have agreed to it or reasonably expect us to.
The choice of how much information you provide is yours. We will not use, sell or disclose your information for any other purpose than it was provided for without your consent unless required by law.
SECURITY OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
We will take reasonable steps to ensure information collected is secure and protected from:
- misuse, interference and loss; and
- unauthorised access, modification or disclosure.
We will take reasonable steps to destroy or permanently de-identify your information when it is no longer needed.
Data transmission over the internet or information stored on servers accessible through the internet cannot be guaranteed to be fully secure. Note, Mothers of Boys does not store credit card information.
ACCESS TO YOUR INFORMATION
Upon completion of registration you will be sent an email with a private link to your membership details. This private link will enable you to update your details at any time to maintain the currency of your membership account. If you lose, misplace or delete your private link you may request another link to be emailed to you.
On request we will provide you with access to information held relating to you conditional upon you providing us with proof of identity unless:
- giving access will unreasonably impact the privacy of others;
- the request for access is frivolous or vexatious;
- denying access is required or authorised by or under Australian law;
- the information relates to past or present legal proceedings and would not be accessible through discovery in those proceedings;
- giving access would prejudice any negotiations or be unlawful;
- both unlawful activity or serious misconduct is being engaged in and the giving of access would prejudice the taking of action in relation to the matter;
- giving access would be likely to prejudice enforcement related activities conducted by or on behalf of an enforcement body; or
- giving access would reveal evaluative information generated in connection with a commercially sensitive decision-making process.
If we refuse to give you access to information on the basis of the conditions listed above then we will provide written notice of this refusal with the reasons for refusal and the mechanisms available to lodge a complaint.
CORRECTIONS TO YOUR INFORMATION
You may correct, update or edit your membership personal information via your private link to your membership details.
When requested by you for us to correct personal information provided for purchases or for other initiatives we will take all reasonable steps necessary to correct the information.
If we believe that information collected and held may be inaccurate, incomplete, out of date, irrelevant or misleading we will take all reasonable steps necessary to correct the information.
DISCLOSURE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
Some of the functions and services relating to the purposes for which your personal information may be processed by us may be outsourced to third party external service providers. When we contract external service providers we may provide them with your personal information but only to the extent required for them to fulfil their contract or where you would reasonably expect us to disclose it to a third party for a particular purpose.
Where personal information is collected for a particular purpose we will not use or disclose the information for another purpose (secondary purpose) unless:
- you consent to this use or disclosure;
- you would reasonably expect us to use or disclose the information for that secondary purpose and the secondary purpose is related to the original purpose the information was collected;
- the use or disclosure is required or authorised by law or a court order; or
- we reasonably believe that the use or disclosure of the information is reasonably necessary for an enforcement related activity.
MAKING A COMPLAINT
If you believe that we have interfered with your privacy in the handling of your personal information, you may lodge a complaint by contacting MOB on the contact us tab or to email@example.com
We will attempt to resolve your complaint in accordance with our Complaints Resolution Process. You can obtain a copy of our Complaints Resolution Process by contacting us at the contact point above.
If you are unhappy with the resolution of your complaint or with the way that MOB has handled your complaint through the Complaints Resolution Process, you may be able to refer the matter to the Financial Ombudsman Service (FOS) subject to its Terms of Reference or the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner.
The contact details for these bodies are as follows:
Financial Ombudsman Service Limited
GPO Box 3
Melbourne VIC 3001
1300 78 08 08
Office of the Australian Information Commissioner
GPO Box 5218
Sydney NSW 2001
1300 363 992
LINKS TO OTHER WEBSITES
Mothers of Boys is not responsible for the privacy practices or content of any other website or service that is linked to our Website or for the privacy practices of any third party social media or other service providers that you can access through this Website. We encourage you to read the privacy policies of those websites and service providers.
- the type of browser and operating system you use;
- your server’s IP address;
- how you reached our site;
- the pages you access on our Website; and
- the information you download.
We or our web service provider may compile and analyse statistical data we collect to improve our services but we can’t personally identify you as the source of that data.
SERIOUS DATA BREACH
After the identification of any serious data breach we will as soon as practicable take steps as are reasonable in the circumstances to notify any individual affected as to the nature and extent of the breach in respect of any personal information.
The safety of children is very important to us. Whilst MOB makes every reasonable effort to ensure that children’s privacy and other rights are not compromised, it is ultimately the responsibility of parents to monitor their children’s Internet usage.
WHAT ELSE YOU SHOULD KNOW ABOUT PRIVACY
Remember to close your browser and log-out of your internet connection when you have finished your session. This is to ensure that others cannot access your personal information and correspondence if you share a computer with someone else or are using a computer in a public place like a library or Internet cafe. You as an individual are responsible for the security of and access to your own computer.